Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 first attempt
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:46:51 -0700 (PDT)

- --- Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> wrote:
> I get true "real" shadow speed of 1600 in Rodinal and Xtol and I've used
> other developers as well.

I think this is sort of a matter of taste. I find Neopan 1600 negs shot at 1600
to be thin to my taste, so I shoot it at 800, and it's fine in D76 and Rodinal
(a bit better in D76).

I could probably live with the negatives at 1600, they just didn't seem as nice
and thick like I like.

Others might prefer thinner negatives, as they do tend to be sharper and less
grainy.

Pete

p.s. If I recall, Ralph Gibson shoots this stuff and purposely overexposed and
overdevelops like crazy to  make negatives that he likes. Go figure.