Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting a soccer tournament
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 07:23:34 +1000

Frank Filippone wrote:

> I just HATE to use the "D" word.... but would Digital work out more in line
> with the workflow?
>
> Ashamed to not use the "L" word.....
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

Hi Frank,

we're not geared up for digital shooting, and my planning showed that
Digital printing from film negatives would be quite a bit more
expensive, albeit quick and high quality (an outfit in town has bought a
half million dollar room-full of Fuji digital scanning and printing
machines.  Impressive.).  So, I'm using a little lab at the local shops
run by a pro photographer - he's on the team as a shooter for the first
day.  Quality is good for 6 x 9 prints (crowdpleasers!), and prices are
good.

I'm thinking of protection for the gear from light rain, and how to get
people to pay up front for posed photos or planned action photos.

Regards

Rick.

Replies: Reply from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Shooting a soccer tournament)