Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting a soccer tournament
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 20:38:29 +1000

Rick Dykstra wrote:

Well folks, today was the opening ceremony at the Kanga Cup soccer
tournament I mentioned yesterday.  As the official photog I had great
access and so I shot the player's march past from every angle, making
sure to get lots of sponsor's advertisements in the backgrounds ;).   I
used an M6 TTL 0.85 and 50 Summicron, and also a 35 1.4 Asph for a few
shots of the field full of teams at the conclusion of the March.  The M6
was just the ticket for this kind of work.  Being able to see what was
going on around the framelines was great.  As predicted the light was
lovely and even, with a fair ol' overcast overhead, but no rain as yet.
Got some good shots of the team that was flown over from East Timor,
with Aboriginal elders and the President of our Senate standing amongst
them.  Good luck to them - they've had it tough over the last couple of years.

Took a few rolls of the opening game with the F5 and 300/2.8.  For the
rest of the week I'll be using an R8 in lightweight mode (thumb winder
only) with a 50 'cron and an SF20 for team photos, and the Nikon for
action.  Please help me pray for manageable weather!

Regards

Rick (sore shoulders, already!) Dykstra

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Shooting a soccer tournament)
Message from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Shooting a soccer tournament)