Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica slide projectors and CF lenses
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 21:26:58 -0500

Jeff,

At 02:38 PM 7/5/01 -0400, you wrote:
>So... I'm beginning to realize that if I really want to know what I've
>wrought when shooting chromes, I need to project 'em instead of
>squinting at them with a loupe.  So I'm looking at the Leica slide
[snip]
I agree.

>Leica-system brochure-book thing, I don't see any curved-field lenses
>listed for that line.  Am I missing something (they're there but I'm
>not recognizing them), or do Leica assume that we'll mount absolutely

I have a Pradovit P2002 and both the Colorplan-P CF and Superplan-P FF
90/.28 lenses.  I find that the CF  lens doesn't fit the cardboard slide
mounts (Kodachrome) all that well and use only the FF lens.   Not perfect
but it works.  If you want if perfect you have to glass mount I guess.  I
used to do this with 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 but it was slow and cost about a $1 a
slide as I remember. Looks superior through the Hasselblad projector however.

>Oh, and... there's this thing for the Kodak Carousel projectors, the
>"stack loader", which allows you to drop in a stack of slides to view
>rather than having to put them all into a round tray.  Is there some

I used it on my Carousel projectors and the Leica RT-300 and really hated
to have to give it up.  Gave it to my daughter when I got the P2002 - it
uses only straight trays, but they take up a whole lot less room and work
better in our retirement apartment.  Don't know if it works with the new
rotary try Leica projector.  However, I would assume that if the projector
takes Kodak rotary trays that the stack loader would fit. I have a couple
of extra trays that I load the new slides in to look at.  Doesn't take very
long to load and you can go back and forth on the slides which you can't do
with the stack loader.

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX