Subject: Re: [Leica] New PAWs (should be PAMs)
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:14:39 -0500

wharting@adelphia.net (Bill Harting)7/8/0112:56 PM

> Are the Linhof images full frame, in other words, are what we
are seeing
> what you were seeing on the ground glass? Wow.

Thank you for your kind words, Bill. Yes. The 4x5 macros are each
full frame, with exception of the "main" image, which is the full
5, but a chunk taken off the left. But I'm not seeing anything on
the "ground glass". I've prefocused to a mask, approx 1x1.25
inches and simply place the subjects into that "window". It makes
the process extremely fast and pleasurable. The barbershop
quartet drove me to this MO, because I loved the 8x10 macros, but
came to hate the arduous, painful (quite literally, my back
didn't come back for a month) process of working with the view
camera to get them.

George