Subject: Re: [Leica] Where We Post From
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 15:13:19 -0500

First 38 years spent in and around Milwaukee, WI, 90 miles north
of Chicago, on the shores of the Great Lake Michigan. 1984 moved
north 15 miles and closer to shore - suburban - shadow line of
the city. The Hills roll, and the trees prevent vistas - except
at the edge of the great lake. The lake holds me here in
mysterious ways.

During my life - 3 great Pro Photo Shops have become, amateur
junk shops - out of stock on everything "but can order". And 3
great Pro Photo Labs have closed. True custom lab work (remember
when you spoke with the printer in his darkroom about your job)
has become virtually unavailable.

During the summer Milwaukee has a Music Festival every Week.
Truly the City of Festivals.

Climate:
Tropical Summers, June through August = 90šF and 90% humidity
Arctic Winters, January through March = -20šF and 10% humidity
The most beautiful Springs, April and May, and Falls, September
through December, you can possibly imagine.

George