Subject: Re: [Leica] Where We Post From
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:44:01 -0500

I post from Natchitoches, Louisiana.  Pronounced "Loo-si-anna" . . . Oh, you
mean the town?     "Nak-A-Tish"  Oldest  continuous settlement in the
Louisiana Purchase.  Yeah, two years older than New Orleans.

 My father's family has been in this area since the end of the War between
the States, His mother's family has been here for centuries.

I live near  the Cane River and Kisatchie National Forest, and Springtime
here is wonderful.  Summer is hot and humid, and best spent in the shade,
following the "Sonny 16 Summertime exposure rule."   ( f 5.6,  shutter
speed=ISO )  Winters are generally mild.

I now work at the University I was graduated from, after much moving around.
I've lived here (this time) for ten years, New Orleans for 25 years,  Baton
Rouge, Natchitoches (college),  Smyrna, Tennessee, Wetzlar, and  Frankfurt
/Main Germany, Savannah, Georgia, and Shreveport, Louisiana.

Nearest Photo Store is sixty miles, and nearest custom lab is my mailbox.

Regards,

SonC
http://www.SonC.com

Message from "robmellor" <robmellor@onetel.net.uk> (Re: [Leica] Where We Post From)