Subject: Re: [Leica] Lurker uncovered!
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 16:52:37 -0700

Félix López de Maturana wrote:

> Doug
>
> What is exactly a "impure" lens? Something  that do not deserve our respect?
>
> Is a photographer with a "impure" lens a impure photographer? Will he go to
> hell? As I am using a lot of non Leica lenses I am really a panicky
> photographer. Please clarify the relation between pure lenses and our
> personal salvation! Please birdman my soul wish to fly to heaven with pure
> lenses!
>
> Kind regards
>
> Félix

Félix,

It was my tounge-in-cheek way of saying non-Leica lens.  I was playing off the
original poster's terminology (which I've unfortunately deleted).  I've been
known to use impure equipment at times so salvation is unlikely for the Birdman.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com