Subject: What put you over the top? (was: Re: [Leica] Where We Post From)
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 05:21:04 -0700

> Lately
> I've been getting the urge again to get a Leica although from a need
> standpoint I don't need it. My question to you is what finally put over the
> top to finally buy the Leica and what did you buy. I'm torn between going
> digital, the Leica or even getting back to mid size via a Hassalblad. My
> biggest problem is that these are all wants and no serious need.
> Regards,
> Harry

 Harry, for me it was a combination of the IIIG loaned to me by the security
guard at the NU Tech building and the death of my Nikons' resistor rings.
Bought an SL and never regretted it.  I don't need it because my engineering job
feeds my family.  I'll never sell it because using it feeds my spirit.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Message from "Harry Levin" <captnharry@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Where We Post From)