Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL question
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 02:08:15 -0700 (PDT)

Herbert Kanner wrote:

I just bought a Metz 32 Z-2 with the SCA 3502.  The instructions are
a bit ambiguous about ISO settings.  Is the following assumption of
mine correct: when in TTL mode, the ISO value that controls flash
duration is taken from the camera; in "automatic" mode, the value is
taken from that set on the Metz unit?
Yes.

Another question.  In the control panel in which exposure
compensation can be set (-3 1/3 EV to +3 1/3 EV) the value -2 is
marked in red.  There is no explanation for this.  My guess is that
- - -2 is a good choice for fill flash.  Correct?

Partly correct. If you loook closely, you'll see that the +1/3 is also
marked red. Used in combination, the -2 and +1/3 give you -1 2/3 EV,
which is the same as the compensation used in the R8 in P mode for
fill-in flash. The red-marked settings are those generally recommended
for fill-in flash use.

Regards,

=====
Ray