Subject: Re: [Leica] 75 Summilux-M and bokah
From: "A Leica Shooter" <shooter@linux-info.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:31:18 -0400

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 10:54:22AM -0700, Frank Filippone wrote:
> Yes.  The lens is incredible... the other M series Bokeh lenses are the
>
> 35/2 in version 2+3 (I think V 2+3... could be 3+4 ?)
> 50/2 1970's and 80's versions
>
> As far as I remember, nothing below 35mm shows sufficient Bokeh that it
> became a topic here.
>
> Remember that my comment was set of lenses.... what set of lenses do you
> want?  35 and 75 is OK, 35 and 50 is really pretty close .....

Frank,

Well, I do believe that I am more of a 35/75 type.  I don't really understand what you are refering to when you say V 2+3 and 3+4, all I know is that the 35/2 I have I bought new about three months ago at a Leica Day and that is it the ASPH.

The only question now is, where do I get the 75 Summilix M?  I know there is going to be a Leica Day is a near by town beginning of next month.  Should I buy the lens new or can I get a good deal on the lens somewhere?  Any thoughts on where I should go looking for the lens?  New with 10$ off from Leica Day, I think the lens would cost about $2335.50 plus the $200 back right now, that would put it about $2135.50.  Can I find a used one in good shape for less then that?

- --
A Leica Shooter

Message from "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] 75 Summilux-M and bokah)