Subject: [Leica] Re:{Leica} Professional Camera Repair is closing
From: Donna-Lee Phillips <dlp@pacific.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 13:06:09 -0700

>For those of us old enough to remember Marty Forscher, and his
wonderful
>Professional Camera Repair in NYC....

I remember Marty Forscher's better than I recall most of the
photographers I knew at the time. I brought a Leica in there with an
alignment problem (I had stupidly let a clumsy friend hold it 'for a
minute'). There was a small piece of the leatherette stuff chipped away,
which I couldn't afford to worry about repairing at the time. It was
repaired for free "because we can't let a Leica out of here looking like
that".

Donna-Lee