Subject: Re: [Leica] re: what put you over the top?
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 22:53:21 +0200

Actually, I got a Leica because I was tired of hearing the hyperbole on both
sides of the fence concerning the cameras.  One camp paints them as war-surplus
tin cans or impractical, overpriced jewelry, and the other camp paints them as
God's gift to the photographic art and science.  I figured the reality was
somewhere in between, and I wanted to find out where.

Since Leicas have good resale value, I figured that, at worst, if Leica turned
out to be as bad as the naysayers said it was, I could just resell it and take
only a small loss.  However, half an hour after buying my Leica M6 and
Summicron-M 35, I knew that I would never be selling this camera.  The rest is
history.