Subject: Re: [Leica] re: what put you over the top?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:21:12 -0700

Mxsmanic wrote:

> Actually, I got a Leica because I was tired of hearing the hyperbole on both
> sides of the fence concerning the cameras.  One camp paints them as war-surplus
> tin cans or impractical, overpriced jewelry, and the other camp paints them as
> God's gift to the photographic art and science.  I figured the reality was
> somewhere in between, and I wanted to find out where.
>
> Since Leicas have good resale value, I figured that, at worst, if Leica turned
> out to be as bad as the naysayers said it was, I could just resell it and take
> only a small loss.  However, half an hour after buying my Leica M6 and
> Summicron-M 35, I knew that I would never be selling this camera.  The rest is
> history.

You sure seem like a hard core Nikon guy based on looking at your site where you
have a shot of a Nikon with a big lens with tulip hood used as an icon on the
top of the intro page of many of your gallerys.
Looks like a Nikon sponsored site.
Why don't you throw up a shot of an M6 like many of us have on our sites?
In kind of a Yin yang arrangement perhaps? Or the scales of justice?

Mark (peer group preusre fights for you) Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] re: what put you over the top?)