Subject: [Leica] Re: Q for the 75 Summlux-M shooters...
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:57:25 +0100

Hi Frank,
the lenses he tested were new ones from the store before he bought one. 2
shots with each wide open and at f5.6.
I think that whilst it is easier to achieve consistent manufacturing results
today than 25 years ago (engineering is my business) cost is still the main
deterrent. It is most unlikely that the mass market lenses sample
consistency is any where near as good as the Leica or perhaps Canon "L"
range will be, you really do get what you pay for. Items sent for review
will almost certainly have been hand selected from stock as the best of the
batch.
cheers Frank