Subject: [Leica] [leica] re: what put you over the top?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 02:28:46 -0700 (PDT)

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

though i always try and stay out of the leica flame wars -- i really
can't let this go by without protesting -- how does digital sweep the
craft of photography into the dustbin of history? did the integrated
circuit sweep the craft of radio into the dustbin of history when
vacuume tubes went the way of the dodo? . . . (snip)

Kyle,

I think that's a good analogy. Vacuum tube (a.k.a. valve) technology
was a dead end, to which solid state technology owes little. Film
technology may one day be seen in the same light, vis-a-vis digital
technology. Sad but, I'm afraid to say, true. I will be an unwilling
user of digital, if I'm ever forced down that track, but I daresay I'll
get over it.

Regards,

=====
Ray