Subject: [Leica] about food fights
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:37:17 -0700

If you really must say something negative to someone, send it as individual
mail, not to the whole LUG list. If you need an audience, you can CC me. I
promise to attack neither of you, nor to change my opinion of either of you.

If you are so offended by something that somebody says that you find the need
to challenge it, think about the ways that you could challenge it and about the
effect that each of those ways will have on the person. When was the last time
you changed your mind about something because of an angry retort from someone
you don't agree with very often? Never, right? Well, now turn the situation
around: how likely do you think it is that the person you're angry at will
change his mind or point of view as a result of some email you send to the LUG
challenging him?

I took some pictures of the US Fencing Association nationals last week. They
were held in Sacramento and my daughter was a participant. I may finally have
something to post if they came out the way I hope they did. I shot Tri-X F/1.4
@ 1/250 with an ancient Summilux.