Subject: Re: [Leica] my first noctilux images
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:11:31 +0200

None of the post-processing you describe would selectively affect focus in only
parts of the image; either the whole thing would be blurry, or the whole thing
would be sharp.

I think you are just looking at artifacts of the very shallow depth of focus at
extremely large apertures.  It makes things look surreal, like you deliberately
played around to isolate the subject, or as if you are taking a picture of a
miniature model.