Subject: Re: [Leica] De-lurking
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:22:38 -0700

Fergus Hammond wrote:

> I've been digest lurking the last few days but it's time to say hi. I've
> known about this list for a while but I had assumed it would be dominated by
> ><Snip>

Welcome Fergus!

Since you're the Adobe guy and since Adobe controls my life as I know it
certainly as much as Apple maybe you can tell me what this thing is all about
coming out with Pagemaker 7 after acting like it was being abandoned. I've spent
days and weeks getting to know this new InDesign program you've come out with i
guess because Pagemaker was felt not be able to compete with Quark.
No way I'm about to use a program with the name "Quark"!
I tried to be loyal to Pagemaker (the program which save yous guyes ass in
1985!) (one chilli pepper)
but it was wallowing in the field. (underbrush?)
Now that I've spent great money and time in InDesign for a month I see Pagemaker
is back from the dead in version 7! I've got to buy that too now?
What the heck is the difference in Pagemaker over InDesign? Do they do different
things at all? Is there really a reason to maintain both?
I'm Adobe's biggest fan but this don't seem right.

Mark Rabiner
Command D rools!

Portland, Oregon
USA