Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: "Folks"
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:01:10 -0400

At 08:19 PM 7/12/01 -0600, Tim Atherton wrote:
>I must say, I was rather thinking I hadn't noticed this rule having much
>effect in the last year or so, or ever!

Tim

I think you are missing the point.  None of us should post political
commentary -- INCLUDING the dude to whom my response was directed!  But the
obvious corollary is that when someone DOES post a hot response, let it be.
 I ought not to have responded the other evening, but I did -- but it only
was made worse by everyone else jumping in.  (Note, please, that I stayed
out of the later fracas -- and note that I was, like Austin and Jim,
RESPONDING to the political posting of another.)

I am too quick to respond to the political commentaries of others, but I do
not, generally, post my own politics to this List or, at least, I try not
to do so, though such was not the case in the past.

Let it be, guys.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!