Subject: RE: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: "Mikiro" <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:50:53 +0200

snip
> I am certain that if I were a professional I
> would have  had no doubt, but since I'm just a keen amateur,
> getting much
> satisfaction from my hobby,   would the change be  worth it?   I
> have always
> believed  in having the best tools, this is why I bought Leica in
> the first
> place.    Please advise me.  I hope to hear pro and contra to
> make the right
> decision.
> Karen Sorensen

Karen,

If Noctilux interests you, you should get one, use it, keep the Summicron,
and compare them.
Noctilux is a sacred object for Leica-ists. People rave about or damn it,
but it is you who decide whether it is just a hefty piece of glass or a real
treasure. Possibly, you will not be happy with it and part with it, but you
will learn what Leica is. The lens is worth the cost for that (if you like
Leica). I had two Noctilux's and are happy to have owned and used them.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,

Mikiro