Subject: RE: [Leica] Bokeh'm somebody
From: "Mikiro" <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:10:22 +0200

> I shouldn't make light of bokeh. There's probably something to
> it. It's just
> not important to me. I don't want to be concerned with things like out of
> focus rendering when I look at an image. I didn't notice it when I didn't
> know a word for it. Now that I know the word, I still don't notice it.

The sensational responses toward "bo-ke" are intriguing. It is nothing
special in the photographic community in Japan, just one of the aspects we
talk of a lens: resolution, contrast, etc. It is also an interesting fact
that camera/lens reviewers for Japanese photo journals often ridicule
themselves and say, "We are the only species on the earth that are so much
concerned about bo-ke."

Mikiro

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: WAS: Bokeh'm - Help for Ted!!!)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Bokeh'm somebody)