Subject: [Leica] should I buy a Noctilux?
From: "Craig Semetko" <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:22:33 +0800

Hello Gang,

I have to say, these postings like "M's are featherweights compared to monster SLR's" always seem curious to me. Sure, they're lighter--a LOT lighter--than SLR's, in fact, many folks might call them downright light, period. But does Karen's spine give a flying herniated disc about that? Relative weight doesn't matter at all. Either the lens is too heavy for one's back or it isn't. You might as well say, "God, I love having this Yugo parked on my chest--it's a featherweight compared to that Hummer that was parked there last week."

In my humble opinion, Karen needs to rent the lens and walk around with it for a few days. Then and only then will she be able to tell if it's too heavy for HER BACK. And the heft of SLR's, Humvees, or even Marlon Brando don't enter the equation at all.

Take it easy,

Craig