Subject: Re: [Leica] 1st Time Handling an M6
From: "Ethel Red" <ethel_red@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:54:56 -0400

Apparently missing the point I had made, Henning Wulff wrote:

>You should try one. They have been known to allow people to take
>passable photos.

Why? My eyesight is just fine, I don't shoot football games, and I have no
difficulty whatsoever focusing any of my cameras.

>It's useful in a number of ways. If you've never tried one, this list
>is not the place to explain it.

I'm not disputing the usefulness of autofocus. I'm simply puzzled that
anyone would use an autofocus camera as if it were a manual focus camera. It
seems to me that if you use an autofocus camera in the way described by the
original poster, you're defeating the whole purpose of autofocus, and you
might as well be using an M4.

But that's just me. ;-)

PJW