Subject: Re: [Leica] Now totally OT Re: WAS:have a beer, NOW: mosquitos! ;-)
From: "Douglas Landrum" <dflandrum@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:44:25 -0700

It there a doctor in the House?  So how are the mosquitoes infected by
diseases such as yellow fever and malaria?  Was the great African American
Dr. George Washington Carver wrong in has understanding of the disease cycle
of yellow fever bearing mosquitoes?  I submit that a mosquito must bite an
infected person to transmit disease.  My wonderful friend, the sage Jewish
physician that delivered my son, the man in Africa now exposing himself to
AIDS by treating women in that cursed continent, the man who is a great
Leica shooter (is this on topic or what), postulated to me that mosquitoes
are not implicated in the transmission of AIDS only because they do not
carry a dosage of the virus large enough to overwhelm the immune system of a
healthy person.  I hope that my friend is correct, because I live in an AIDS
infected area.  By the way - only females bite.