Subject: [Leica] Re: WAS:have a beer, NOW: mosquitos! ;-)
From: henryp@bhphotovideo.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:44:57 -0400

At 07:27 PM 07/15/2001, you wrote:
>Years later I noticed in a report that the area around that lake had an
>unusually high incidence of AIDS. I'm told (but have trouble believing )
>that mosquitoes aren't a vector for that disease. Still I'm glad we escaped
>with only a few score punctures...

They're not. A female mosquito only bites once. Gets the blood she needs to
create and lay her eggs and is done. For a mosquito to spread AIDS, she'd
have to bite an infected individual then bite a second person and transmit
blood from the first to the second.

<<MY OPINION, not my employer's>>

hp

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> ([Leica] DR. BLACKTAPE IS TRULY HORRIFIED - but not surprised -)