Subject: RE: [Leica] LUG: automation vs. the brain
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 18 Jul 2001 15:27:46 -0700

On Wed, 18 July 2001, Paul Chefurka wrote:

> I had a conversation with one of my old Comp Sci professors a while ago.  I opined that the development of the Internet had the same level of significance as the development of the printing press.  He maintained that it would prove to be as significant as the development of speech.  Now there's a true believer in technology!
>
> Paul

I agree with your professor.  IMHO our use of the internet is in the early stages of development yet it has made a huge difference in my knowledge base.  Think about it- split printing, Leica repair resources, Photoshop  techniques, Tilly hats, the meaning of bokeh... I would have known nothing of any of these things without near-instant access to the huge knowledge base of the LUG.. not to mention e-commerce, showing (off) my photos to the world, doing programming work for people several thousand miles away... the possibilities are mind-boggling.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe