Subject: Re: [Leica] Leaking shutter curtain in a IIIf
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:44:26 -0400

I have had several Leicas re-curtained by Youxin Ye- He uses a material that
is thinner and more supple than that sold by Fargo, and is great stuff ( he
sent me enough to play with as I am trying.... really trying, to replace the
curtains in an old FED I bought for that purpose.
His price is reasonable, and I have found his work to be quite good- he
sells mainly to the Japanese market, and as particular as they are about
quality, I have never heard anything bad about his work, nor have I found
any fault with it.
Contact him at wye7@yahoo.com
He did a IIIf for me last year that is purring like a kitten, and is quite
accurate (He sets the shutters electronically, and has told me that LTMs are
accurate to within about 25% of stated speed, the IIIc, depending on when it
was made is much better, and the IIIf  RD and IIIg are almost always
adjustable to be within 10% of the stated speed)
Check with him- he can also replace the beamsplitter as well if the RF is
too dim or in some cases, de-silvered
Dan