Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas on the small screen, redux!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:22:24 -0400

Alas, a surfeit of Leicas on the screen last night.
The first was the "Wasp's Nest" episode of the Hercule Poirot mystery series
with David Suchet's marvelous portrayal of the fussy Belgian detective. His
sidekick, Captain Hasting had taken up photography, and was carrying what I
now recognize as a IIIa, with what appeared to be an Elmar 50.
Unfortunately, I was dismayed when the Captain muttered that he should have
brought the "150" instead of mentioning the wonderful 135 Hektor that would
have been in any decent Leica kit!
The other was the Nick Nolte movie, also with Ed Harris, where Nolte
portrays a photojournalist, and he has a couple of Leicas prominently
hanging around his neck- One looks like it might be a black M4 perhaps an
M4-P? This takes place in 1979, so I am not absolutely sure. He also had a
chrome Leica; it was hard to tell on the diminuative screen, but looked like
an M3. He also had a motorized Nikon, and a rather large bag- my first
thought that in a 'Shootin' War' situation, he was carrying a whole lot of
baggage! Personally, I think I would try to carry as little as possible and
still do the job, and have the ability to get real small and crawl into a
pocket when the LZ gets hot!
Dan ( In a Leica freefire zone) Post

Replies: Reply from chaz <cchoy@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Leicas on the small screen, redux!)