Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Fresh Meat, cropping & easels
From: Dave Hillman <dave@hillmanimages.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:19:33 -0700

On Thursday 19 July 2001 09:39 am, Jim Brick wrote:

> I always make a first print full bleed, that is, the entire image on a
> piece of 8x10 paper. My negative carrier cut out is 25x37 so I get the
> whole thing. Obviously blank space top & bottom from landscape perspective.

I think the analog of this with a digital printer is to make a full size,
full frame proof on cheaper paper using draft or normal quality to save the
cost of ink. Then notes can be put on the proof for cropping, rotation,
dodging, burning, etc.  I like this idea.  I can punch holes in the proofs
and save them in three hole notebooks with the negatives - now stored in
plastic archive sleeves. I just tried one and for the purpose it will work
fine. Thanks.

- --
Dave Hillman
http://www.hillmanimages.com/bw/