Subject: Re: [Leica] digital M
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:23:05 +0200

Johnny Deadman writes:

> pardon me sir, but that is a steaming load of crap

So you disagree?

Well, you can deal with the first "digital Ms," and a decade from now, when they
start to look like film Ms, maybe I'll consider one.  But right now I'm getting
great pictures from my film-based M6, and I really see no reason to change.  If
it's not broken, why fix it?

And keep in mind that I first used digital when I got back into photography a
few years ago, but I finally gave up on it.  It'll take over one day, but until
the line is crossed I'll continue to shoot film.  I don't really care what is
capturing the image, actually, as long as I get the best bang for the buck.

I just hope that Leica continues to build film Ms, whatever their experiments
with digital stuff might be.  If I wanted to be on the bleeding edge of
technology, no matter what the effect on results, I'd be shooting everything
with Canon gadgets, er, cameras.