Subject: Re: [Leica] Red circles and "almost new" Leica bodies
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:37:23 +0200

Most Leica gear I purchased sort of new from official dealers has that
red circle and "Deko-Ware" stamped on the box and on the (German)
warranty card. I also was told this gear is from shop windows or
showcases. Leica is rotating the "decoration" inventory on a regular
basis and if gear is discontinued. Other gear was either the dealer's
own "demo" stuff (in fact in sealed box, only labeled so for selling
below list price) or "from returns". "Returns" is unsold gear returned
by dealers.

From a Leica repairman I purchased a "like new" M6 without any papers
which orginally had been replaced on warranty and then repaired. At
least that was the story.

I however wonder what happens with "real" demo gear, e.g. from
Photokina, that has received some heavier treatment.

Hans-Peter