Subject: Re: [Leica] digital M (what's the benefit?)
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:15:16 EDT

In a message dated 7/21/01 5:21:18 PM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

>And, BTW, I am committed to using film - all black and white - but would
>LOVE to also have a digital body which would take my M lenses and
>function like an M....
>
>B. D.

Can someone please tell me the benefits of a digital M?  This isn't to start
a flame film vs. digital war...it's just I'm not sure why everyone is so
excited with the prospect of a smart media card M6.

The digital photos I've seen so far, though vibrant and have had lots of
detail, seem somehow different...I'm not sure how to describe it, but they
look kinda flat or lifeless...to me.   Maybe it's because I was looking at
the work of lesser artists or via lesser technology.

So please illuminate me.  What's so great about a digital M?  And if folks
have sites to direct me to, that show digital photography that they'd like to
take with a M6-digital...post that or email the urls to me.

Thanks
Kim

Replies: Reply from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] digital M (what's the benefit?))
Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] digital M (what's the benefit?))