Subject: Re: [Leica] Passport warranty
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:47:10 -0500

Simon,

Yes all we have to do is send back a part!!  However, I have only gotten
the Passport Warranty for my R8 - 5 year extended (first three years
regular Passport next two just a regular warranty).  Too many electronics.
I normally buy used M6  and all lenses and have never had any trouble. I
use Don Chatterton and you have a period where he will send it off to DAG
if you have a problem.

Take care,

Dick

At 09:13 AM 7/22/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear Dick,
>
>Here in Australia our "passport" warranty on new cameras does not cover
>accident damage as in the US. Apparantly for a short time Leica Australia
[snip]