Subject: Re: [Leica] digital M
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:11:23 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/01 9:10:30 AM, daverk@msn.com writes:

>A digicam makes images. Anything that makes images I'm interested in.
>Digital images look different than film images. Digicams have some unique
>capabilities. That's all the reason I need.
>
>-Dave-

I know a digicam makes images.  I actually have a cheap consumer grade
camera.  I know there are $50,000 digital backs/camera that make better
images.  I'm this far along on the food chain to understand these points.

<<Digital images look different than film images.>>

Alrighty then.  How do they look different?   Is there more information?  Is
the information by nature of it being a digital process presented/read
differently than a traditional film process?

<<Digicams have some unique
>capabilities. That's all the reason I need.>>

What are the unique capabilities you seek?  Can you take a photo and blow it
up a zillion times so you can read the fine print on someones coke can?

Understand this, I'm not challenging you or any one else who is hot to get a
digital camera.  It's your vision, your art, no one needs mine or anyone
else's permission to do what they want.  I'm simply trying to understand why
a digital M would be such a great thing.  That's all.

Kim

Replies: Reply from "David Kieltyka" <daverk@msn.com> (Re: [Leica] digital M)