Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF-TOPIC: alternative webhosting for NBCi
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:19:17 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/01 9:06:26 AM, cyberdog@attglobal.net writes:

>Homestead doesn't seem to be a real alternative as their personal webhosting
>is limited to 20 MB only and my site is more than 50 MB.
>
>Would anyone have any suggestions as to alternative free or low cost web
>space providers ?
>
>TIA

Pascal,

I haven't used them, so can't speak yet to their actual service, but I'm
probably going to go with www.featureprice.com.

They have a $4.95/month plan for 50MB, a $9.95  for 150MB.  So far their
customer service folks have been VERY prompt and helpful....

AND since I also have a portion of my work that features "nekkid chicks,"
i.e. fine art nudes, this doesn't violate their Terms of Service.  Not that
my work is adult site in nature, but I've run across a number of webhosts
that have told me in no uncertain terms that "nudity is automatically
pornography,"and thus would not host my site.

Kim

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] OFF-TOPIC: alternative webhosting for NBCi)