Subject: Re: [Leica] digital M (what's the benefit?)
From: shino@ubspainewebber.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 07:05:11 -0400 (EDT)

i find the standards for acceptable quality may be dropping as well; i've
noticed images in magazines and newspapers which had obvious artifacts
or pixellation or oversharpening.

in my wife's people magazine (the one with tom cruise on the cover),
the cover story within has a 2-page photo of cruise which is looks like a
video-capture, but might be digital.  it would have looked merely poor as
a 1/4 page, but at 2-page layout it's excreble.  my wife didn't seem to
notice (probably the subject matter prevailed! :-) )

- -rei