Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: digital M
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:40:19 -0400

> Well... you can put the guts of any number of available digital cameras
> into a body similar to the M shape. This DOES NOT make it a "digital M."
> And you WILL NOT be able to utilize the high resolution, high definition,
> and high contrast, of Leica M lenses. You would get digital images, but
> they will be no better than most other $1500 digital camera.

Aside from the bokeh issue, I entirely agree with that.  In order to really
make good use of the Leica glass, you need more sensor...and it just can't
happen with current technology.  The other "image processing stuff" you
mentioned, I have no problem with doing in something the size of an
M/RabidWinder.