Subject: [none]
From: "Ernest B. Ferro" <eferro@tbscc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:50:45 -0400

>Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:39:11 +0200
>From: "Pascal" <cyberdog@attglobal.net>
>Subject: RE: [Leica] OFF-TOPIC: alternative webhosting for NBCi
>thanks for the suggestion Dave.
>
>Though I have ADSL at home, the telcom provider does not allow static
>IP addresses since he >specifically wants to exclude people from
>putting up web servers.
>
>Pascal

Pascal:
	Have you considered dynamic IP services?  I admit that I'm not
the best guy to explain this but here's what I think I know.  You run a
small client program that determines your actual IP address whenever you
connect.  This program then lets the dynamic IP provider know what IP
address belongs to you and whenever someone attempts to access your web
site, the dynamic IP service provider steers them to the proper IP
address.  This makes your site appear as though it has a static IP
address even though it does not.  We use this at my business.  It works
great and is pretty inexpensive, I think around $50 per year or
something like that.
	Give Stephan Edelman at Newace Corp a call at 519 336 4837 or
contact him at stephan@newace.ca if you're interested. Ernie