Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh.. bah!
From: "Juan J. Buhler" <jbuhler@pdi.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:55:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ted!

I agree with you, you can be an excellent photographer and not
care/know/be aware of bokeh.

What I don't agree with is the implied sugestion that you cannot be a
good photographer if you care about bokeh, or that talking about bokeh
denotes someone who is a wannabe photographer. I think Johnny is
probably the best evidence that that's not true (and he got rid of the
Nokton because of its bokeh, right JD?)  I think I've even read here
someone referring to it as "believing in bokeh". That's silly.

Time is wasted in many ways on this and most other photo lists. I
don't think a discussion about bokeh is one. Now, a discussion about
discussing bokeh probably is.

 Juan J. Buhler | Sr. FX Animator @ PDI | Photos at http://www.jbuhler.com