Subject: Re: [Leica] more noctilux images
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:22:56 -0700

> Please people, stop doing this. I'm mailing out my tuition checks and
> thus cannot afford the Noctilux I lust after!

This is my problem. Until I saw Rei Shinozuka's Noctilux images, I didn't think
I could "need" a Noctilux. I have an ancient Summilux, which I almost always
use wide open at f/1.4 precisely so it will put backgrounds out of focus. Every
time I heard people rave about the Noctilux I told myself "Self, everything you
need to do can be done with a Summilux". But now, because of those pictures, I
don't believe it any more.

But in a month I'll have 3 children in college when my daughter starts at
Wellesley. Luckily there will be no global shortage of Noctiluxen in coming
years.

Replies: Reply from Barney Quinn <barney@ncep.noaa.gov> (Re: [Leica] more noctilux images)