Subject: [Leica] more noctilux images
From: Michael Waldron <Michael@cadogan.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:26:41 -0400

Dear Rei:

I really like the very shallow focus effect you have achieved here. I
really like to play with focus and would be interested in eventually doing
something similar.

I have one question -- in some images (especially the third and fourth ones
with lost of sky) there is no vignetting, while others (the first, but
especially the last two) seem to show fairly heavy vignetting.  It also
seems as though the bottom left (on your site) image of the tree has
vignetting across the entire bottom (i.e. the leafy plant is very grey)
while the one to the right seems to have vignetting only in the
corners.  Are the other images cropped a bit or mani[ulated to add/remove
the effect, or do they come from the lens?  What is your (or others')
experience with this at f1.

Regards,

Michael Waldron
michael@cadogan.net