Subject: Re: [Leica] Hoya filters
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:30:41 -0700

My experience is similar to Marcs.  I've gotten rid of most of my Hoya
filters, and those that remain are used more as lens caps than
filters.  I ~never~ use them while shooting.

My preferences are Pentax SMC filters for my Pentax gear and B+H MC
for the Leicas.

Marc James Small wrote:

>  My own has been that Hoya filters
> are overpriced junk.  Two local camera
> stores quit carrying Hoya because of
> the complaints, I understand.
>
> I have experienced spotted glass, cheap
> aluminium mounts, uneven surfaces.
> My entire experience with Hoya filters has
> been NO, NO, NO!  You MIGHT want
> to buy a quality filter (H&H, B+W, Heliopan)
> and put it side by side with a
> Hoya filter.  Well, you will see immediately
> why many of us avoid Hoya
> filters.

- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net
"Why should I use a meter?  What if the darn thing broke on me
when I was out making a photograph? Then what would I do?"

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> ([Leica] Hoya filters)