Subject: [Leica] MF Leica
From: "George Day" <george@rdcinteractive.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:05:03 -0700

Seriously,

I can imagine Leica re-claiming the vacuum left by the Mamiya 6.  One of the
*dumbest* things I have ever done was selling off my M6 system to "move up"
to Mamiya 7.

Okay, Mamiya 7s are incredible.  The optics are astonishing, period.  But
the 6 is beautiful camera -- so compact and light that I never felt it was
more obtrusive than a Leica M6.  And then there's the square format: you get
a couple extra shots and, damn it, some of us like squares.

Bronica and Fuji have their 645 range finders (I have one of the Fujis,
incidentally) which are nice, in their own way, but are kinda goofy.

Now, a 6x6 range finder with Leica glass, build quality, etc...that would be
fantastic, almost regardless the cost.

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] MF Leica)