Subject: [Leica] Hoya filters
From: "Gary Brook" <gbrook@interact.net.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 18:11:57 +1000

I have had mixed experience with filters but have found the Hoya HMC
multi-coated versions to be excellent, and at roughly double the price of
the mono-coated versions they should be.  The Rollei and Contax MC filters,
regardless of who makes them, also work well as do Canon's, all of which are
MC.  The only problems I have ever had with filters have been with
mono-coated ones and this has included Hoya and several rather expensive B+W
examples.  They all flare to varying degrees, it's just that the
multi-coated filters flare far less.  My 2c worth.  Regards,

Gary Brook

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Hoya filters)