Subject: Re: [Leica] HOLOGON 15/8MM
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 08:58:36 -0600

I have included the message text below yours. Read it again. He is saying
that the original "Hologon" was made by Contax and fitted to their OWN fixed
focus body. Later it was made in a scale focusing mount for an M camera.

John Collier

> From: "MEL LEVY" <mlevy10@hotmail.com>
>
> Henning Wulff wrote;
> The Hologon lense made for Leica is fixed focus.
> I have one that has adjustable focus like any other lense. Huge depth of
> field though. Not necessary to focus much. It was made by Zeiss for leica.
> Is mine special?
> Mel Levy  newslinex@aol.com

The Hologon lenses are not the same; the 15 Hologon as made for Leica
was made by Zeiss at first in the fixed focus, fixed lens Hologon
camera that was actually part of the Contarex system (same
interchangeable back) and hasn't been made since the early 70's. The
16mm Hologon for the Contax G is new. The new Hologon is better.