Subject: Re: [Leica] HOLOGON 15/8MM
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 11:54:43 -0400

At 08:58 AM 7/28/01 -0600, John Collier wrote:
>I have included the message text below yours. Read it again. He is saying
>that the original "Hologon" was made by Contax

John

The 8/15 Hologon was assuredly not made by "Contax", as Contax is not now
and has never been a manufacturer.  The lens was made by Carl Zeiss for use
on Zeiss Ikon Voigtländer's Contarex Hologon camera;  a few surplus lenses
were then fitted in Leica M mount and were sold by Leitz.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!