Subject: Re: [Leica] CLA for Leica IIIf - turnaround time, and Canadian?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 13:29:34 -0600

I just sent my "new" trashed SL2 to Kindermann Canada for a CLA and focus
screen change. I would contact them directly about how quickly they can
repair your camera. Remember that it may depend on whether they have to
order any parts or not. Here is the contact info:

Kindermann (Canada) Inc.
Attn.:  Art Parkinson or Gerry Smith
Service Department
361 Steelcase Road West, Unit #3
Markham,  ON   L3R 3V8

Tel:   (905) 940-9262 or (905) 479-0167       Fax:  (905) 479-9755
e-mail:  kindrman@istar.ca    info@kindermann.com

Their work is excellent and their pricing is fair. I have met Gerry
personally several times and have talked to him on the phone many times. He
gives advice as to what is best for your camera, not what is best for his
pocket book.

Finally it is quite common just to change one shutter curtain. I had one
replaced in my M2. Why replace one that is fine?

John Collier