Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: B&W Scanning
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:03:16 -0300

on 29/7/01 7:23 PM, Mxsmanic at mxsmanic@hotmail.com wrote:

> My impression is that E-6 requires very little human intervention, otherwise
> I'm
> sure the high-schoolers running the machines would screw something up.

Well, E-6 need to get proved almost every 10 rolls of film or equivalent
film surface processed.
The "color developer" suffers each time a roll is getting off it.
Usually they need to measure some control strips to ensure that everything
is OK...Sometimes the process gives a smooth yellow cast or bluish cast.
Professional Labs or Custom ones do such controls very often to ensure a
standard to be given to pro photographers. I don't think the "one hour" labs
can do it.
And, by the way, human eye is the key to check process quality beyond
machines and other techniques involving electronic devices measuring density
and so on...
After working with E6 film for more than 20 years I have my preferences to
the manual processing film over the machines...

Regards

Pablo

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: B&W Scanning)