Subject: Re: [Leica] A Lesson Learned?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:49:40 -0700

><Snip>
> But then I begin to get a funny feeling about the meter readings:
> something just isn't right. Get out the Sekonic. Get out an M6. Start
> taking readings.
>
> Shit...The M5 is ALL over the place. 1/2 stop under. 1.5 stops over.
> Stop under. .5 stop over. Right on the money. 1.5 stops under.

Hope you remembered the M5 was taking spot readings while the Sekonic had an
angle of?
Also the cell in the Sekonic was a ______________ while the cell in the M5 was a (CdS?).

Also could you have just sent the camera to Sherry or someone to have the meter tweaked.

My way of testing a meter in the camera is to not drive myself crazy trying to
match it against another meter because they never do.
I take a roll of film with the camera using it's meter.
Lay out the slides on the light table or make a contact sheet.
Are many wrongly exposed?
If they look good the camera is good as far as i go.

The meter in the camera knows what the camera wants as is often the case.

If your shutter speeds are running a little slow your camera meter will make up
for it by delivering higher readings.
Works every time!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon